Revision as of 00:08, 7 July 2012 by James (Adding stub for new softwary section)
This page is a list to the available RaspberryPi How-Tos.
- initial setup and configuration and updates.
- RPi Software Development
- An introduction to developing software for the RPi
- HDMI Configuration
- HDMI references and example problem/solution
- add a user and assign super user privledges.
- Updating the RPi Software
- Up to date software offers perfromance and security benefits
- Updating RPi Firmware
- Up to date firmware offers perfromance and security benefits
- Static IP Config
- network static IP address is useful if you RPi is to be accessed remotely
- Enable SSH
- enable SSH to allow remote login
- Setup VNC
- to access via remote desktop
- Expand Image to fill SD card
- Use the spare space assuming your SD card is larger than the default image you installed.
- Backup SD Image
- So you don't undo all your great work in a flash.
- Enable Sound
- As of 07/07/2012 the sound driver is still Alpha and is disabled by default, use this guide to enable and test sound on your RPi.
- Playing Music
- Finally something useful to do with your RPi
- Playing Videos
- Playing videos is a fun thing to do!
- Accessing Network Shares
- SD cards just aren't big enough.
- Run Quake
- Just in case you get bored or are planning a LAN party.
- Setting up a Torrent Server
- Setup your RPi to get he latest RPi distro using torrents.
- Remote Desktop
- Use your RPi as a remote terminal to a Windows machine.
- Monitor a Webcam
- Use your RPi with a webcam.
- Make a Spycam or Video Streamer
- Trigger video recording using motion detection
- Big Trak Controller
- Project for controlling a Big Trak using a Raspberry Pi.